The school SEND offer is the inclusive, accessible provision which supports children with special educational needs and disability to thrive.
As a fully inclusive school, Castleward Spencer Academy is committed to identifying and providing for the needs of all children. Every teacher is a teacher of every child or young person including those with SEND; and all staff are trained in and adhere to our model of good practice.
Children are recognised as individuals, with abilities and development needs which will vary across the curriculum. Class teachers and support staff are able to identify individual development requirements, and to provide lessons and activities which ensure good progress for pupils at all levels of ability.
Where children’s needs require support beyond the level that can be appropriately be provided by the class teacher, the school plays a co-ordinating role which may include working with the local authority to source additional specialist support.
As part of changes implemented by the Department for Education in 2014, all local authorities must publish information about how they support SEND pupils. This is called the ‘Local Offer.’
- A copy of the school Inclusion/SEND policy is available here and the Code of Practice here.
- The SEND Information Report is available here.
- The school Accessibility Plan can be accessed here.
- Support for parents and carers can be found here.
- For more information, you can also seek advice from the SENDIASS website here.
The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Local Offer is a free and impartial online directory and information hub provided by Derby City Council. The purpose of the Local Offer is to hold information of services and provisions that are available to Derby City residents.
- Click here to view the local offer.
- Mrs Lindsay Trail – Email: email@example.com